Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to Authenticate Phone
Brookeacomer

I've been unable operate my phone without a wireless network for most of the day. When dialing out, I receive a  "I'm sorry, but we're unable to authenticate your phone."  I was instructed to try again later, and if that didn't work to try dialing #8899.  I tried again a moment later, same thing...can't seem to resolve this with a reset either.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to Authenticate Phone
Jeremy1129
Novice

Contact customer service and ask them to reset your authentication network key, and then program after they reset it

0 Likes
Re: Unable to Authenticate Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good morning Brookeacomer!

This is definitely an odd situation. But, authentication errors can be easily overcome so let's work on this one together.

To start, I do have a few questions to ask so we can best identify the issue. First, is there another device you use sometimes actively on your line that is powered on? If so, please power off. Also, what's your zip code? We'll need to check out your coverage. And finally, what I'd recommend in the interim is pulling the SIM on your device, checking for damage, reinserting if no damage, and testing.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes