Unable to Authenticate iPhone 5s?
Katy321
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got my iPhone 5s two days ago. I was able to call my father yesterday and it was all fine. I tried making a call today and it wouldn't go through. I can receive calls and send and receive texts and do all the other phone things except now I can't make a call. It tells me "We're sorry, we are currently unable to authenticate your phone" and then to try again or dial #8899. I've tried numerous times and numerous contacts and it still isn't working; when I called #8899 there were no representatives available. I've seen similar posts to this but none of them have helped me fix this problem. If anyone could help me figure out what to do, I will be so grateful. Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to Authenticate iPhone 5s?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Katy321, let's get to the bottom of this together! Was the activation processed via iTunes, at a store location, or via online website with us? What zip code are you located in? Please reboot and remove sim for 40 seconds. View steps here: http://vz.to/1gz87fR If issues persist, we can review device id provisioning at 800-922-0204 by calling from an alternate phone or by sending us a direct message: http://vz.to/1b8XnPy 

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

Katy321
Enthusiast - Level 1

It was activated in a Best Buy store. The zip code is 55904. I tried restart and it didn't work. I still have the problem.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Did you take out the Sim card as support told you? First do that.

Be carful not to touch the gold contact or put in backwards it will cause damage.

Also try holding down the on/off button and the large app button in the bottom middle at the same time and wait for the little apple logo and release both buttons. Let the phone recycle.

Good Luck

Katy321
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried removing the card and I'm still having the problem. Now some people can call me but others can't and I can't seem to call anyone. Please help!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Settings-Do Not Disturb 

see that Manual, Scheduled are set to off (Not Green Buttons),

Allow Calls from: Favorites

and repeated Calls set to ON (green Button)

And silence only when iphone is locked.

Settings-Cellular

Cellular Data to be ON (Green Button)

Enable LTE ON (Green Button)

Roaming Voice and Data.

Setting-General

Restriction set to OFF

Good Luck

0 Likes