Unable to Locate Order Number
klavonchambers

I completed my pre-order for the iPhone 5 within minutes after launch and received my confirmation e-mail with a pre-order number, order number, etc.  From the e-mail there is a link to check the status of the order and once opened it requires your oder number and last name.  I enter both values and click submit but the site returns a message that it is unable to locate my order.

Is anyone else having this same issue?  The non-dramatic side of me says that it's probably because they have so many orders that they have not had time to do any actual updates to orders and to calm down and check back tomorrow, etc.  The dramatic side of me is afraid that they don't have a record of my order even though I have a confirmation e-mail and I won't get my iPhone on the 21st.

Any thoughts is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to Locate Order Number
RubyJo

Yes, I having the exact some issue. 

0 Likes
bomani1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke to verizon last night. They checked my order and said its in for the 21st. I beat the rush hour. if your conformation said deliver by 09/21/12 you are all set. If it said 09/26/12, thats bad. She stated they didn't change the order times till after 9am on the 14th. They will not charge or send out notice or charge my account till its ready to ship.What bothers me the most is I got the $30.00 discount tords my new phone, and they charged me $30.00  for an upgrade fee. What!

0 Likes
zixl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having the same, frustrating problem, as were others. Someone pointed out in another post, that the last name is case sensitive.

Look at your confirmation e-mail sent by Verizon. It will say something like Hi JOHN DOE.

My entire name was in CAPS. So, I entered my Pre-Order confirmation number and my last name all in CAPS and presto!

The part people are getting wrong, is their own name.

Hope this helps. It worked for me!

0 Likes
Stainfish

Same problem here.  I also tried entering my last name in all caps per a previous suggestion and still go no joy!

0 Likes
Jim95

Same problem.  I feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one.

0 Likes
Jim95

Just read in another thread that you can check your order status here:

https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do

My order shows up using that page, but not on the link in the confirmation email.

0 Likes
V1V1D

I ordered at 7am EST on 9/14 and didn't get an email confirmation or text. When going to the website attached from Jim95, it says order was received and is in process. Expected shipping date 9/21. I wonder why some received emails/texts and others didn't. The whole process is kind of a PITA. I called customer service and they couldn't give any info other than I did pre-order the iPhone 5 and it "may" ship on the 21st. She told me by Oct 5th for sure but after I told her that wasn't a good answer, she said people who were in the 8 hour window (3am-11am) should get it on the 21st.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Klavonchambers & Community!

I am so excited for all of you to get your new iPhone 5's! It's such an amazing phone.  Keep in mind you can check the status of your order here: http://bit.ly/rqEisu

Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Thanks

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes