Unable to see my usage or location on iphone 5, has our youth found ways around this via other apps
RTzwheezieRN

i monitor my 17 year old daughter on her iphone at times and on the locator the circle or ring around the phone is grey, so i am unable to see her current location just her old one, but she is still able to text me and use internet. How is this possible, she tells me there are dead spots with no service where she goes but there are times i am able to see her activity in those same locations,  i also monitor her usage and i know she is texing and calling others yet there is no usage on my bill, even if i wait for paperstatment to come out.  How is all this possible, is she using apps to divert her mommy?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to see my usage or location on iphone 5, has our youth found ways around this via other apps
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If she is texting via iMessage on her iPhone, then it will be part of the data usage and you will not see information under the text messaging detail.  She could be using "facetime" with other iPhone users in place of phone calls.  These use data, and if she is on wifi, it would not count against her data allowance.

0 Likes