Unlimited Data work around?
KenAlbers

I’m trying to get around losing my unlimited data without having to switch to Sprint.  I’m due for an upgrade and I’d like to know if this would work:  If I gave the upgrade to my daughter (on my account, but who doesn’t have unlimited data) and once it came I activated it on another phone on our account (that does have unlimited data) would that work?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Data work around?
anthonyb861
Contributor - Level 2

I think that would work. People have been doing something like that. Or you can buy the iPhone full retail and still keep your unlimited data. Try calling Verizon

0 Likes
KenAlbers

I'm trying to avoid buying it retail..... Smiley Happy

0 Likes
rrankins
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what worked for me.

Ordered iPhone upgrade on my wife's line which had a dumb phone. Added the data plan to here line for the iPhone 5.

When it arrived (after waiting a couple days for things to settle down) I called Verizon support and told the CSR that we wanted to switch phones and put the iPhone 5 on my line keeping my unlimited data and switch my iPhone 4 to my wife's line.

Since I had not turned on or tried to activate the iPhone 5 yet, the rep was able to switch the phones to the to other lines and then activated them and I still have unlimited data on my line with the iPhone 5.

Message was edited by: Ray Rankins - oops, accidently typed that Apple support switched things for me - meant to say Verizon support (as it's now edited)

0 Likes
KenAlbers

So Apple support vs Verizon?  That's good info, thank you!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No it will not work.  Whatever line has the unlimited data and up upgrade it will lose it regardless if you gave it to another line.  You are accepting the new terms and conditions and signing a 2 year on that specific line.

0 Likes
BDA
Contributor - Level 1

This will totally work.I did this for my 4s a couple of weeks ago and didn't even activate on the dumb phone line. I went to a corporate store and upgraded the dumb phone line and they immediately put it on my unlimited line. They were totally familiar with the process as if I wasn't the first to do it in the store.

0 Likes