Re: Unlock for iPhone 5
egilbbys21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to cut an older SIM from a roaming carrier in Asia an it worked! Roaming on ATT. You have to cut part of the gold contact area but its ok as long as the center is intact...

0 Likes
Maddad63

Good morning

I just upgraded my phone to the iPhone 5.  How do I go about unlocking the SIM card so I can use my cell in other countries?

I have had my verizon account for several years.

Kevin

0 Likes
RLJII

I recently moved to Sydney, Australia.  How do I go about having my iPhone5 unlocked?

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

The iPhone 5 came unlocked.  No further "unlocking" is needed.

0 Likes
RLJII

Thanks. Any idea how I go about cancelling my existing service with

Verizon, as I have moved out of the US

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RLJII,

Australia sounds very exciting! I know how important it is to stay connected whhile you're there. All our 4G LTE phones are unlocked for Global services, however, you would still need to have a Verizon Wireless account since it will need an international feature to function. If you still have an active account, please contact our Global Department at 908-559-4899.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RLJII, we definitely wouldn't want to lose you as a customer with us. I understand your concern as you are out of the country and may need to connect to a carrier in your location. For cancellations, you will want to contact our Customer Care Team at 800-922-0204 and give verbal consent for the safety of the account. We look forward to doing business with you again in the future!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
mars315
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is the Verizon iPhone 5 unlocked or not?  I went into a store today and the CR flat out told me that that was not true, and I said, well can I get my phone unlocked, as well as my daughter's 1Phone 4S as we are traveling to Cayman Islands, he said NO, that was not possible and that the phone was installed with software to only work with Verizon.  I said that I was pretty sure that the original iPhone 5 was shipped unlocked, mistakenly or not, and he said that that was not true.  We have had our phones now for 20 months.  Is iPhone 5 unlocked regardless, AND, am I able to have my daughter's iPhone 4s unlocked after 20 moths of paid up contract?

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

The Verizon iPhone 5 is already unlocked.  Period.

The Verizon iPhone 4s can be unlocked for use outside the US.  You are eligible for Verizon to provide the unlocking code at no cost if you meet certain eligibility criteria.

Read this.  https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/696707

1. Meet the following requirements:

* Must be a Verizon Wireless customer.

* The iPhone 4S being unlocked must be active on a Verizon Wireless line of service.

* The line of service must be active at least 60 days.

* The line of service must be in good standing for the past 60 days.

* Only one SIM Unlock per line every 10 months.

0 Likes