Unlocking
chloemanciet

I'm going back to France after a year in the States and I'd like to know what I have to do so my phone can work over there. I read that the iphone 5 was already unlocked and would work in France, but everybody seems to have a different opinion about it... If I do have to unlock it, do you know any free/cheap way to do it? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlocking
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chloemanciet,

Sounds like a wonderful trip! To address your address your concern, most 4G phones are provided out of the warehouse factory unlocked and ready for use with a foreign SIM card for international use. All you have to be sure is that your device has the roaming features enabled.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chloemanciet,

Sounds like a wonderful trip! To address your address your concern, most 4G phones are provided out of the warehouse factory unlocked and ready for use with a foreign SIM card for international use. All you have to be sure is that your device has the roaming features enabled.

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes
chloemanciet

Thank you very much for your answer. I just have a question, what does it mean to have the roaming features enabled?

Message du 21/06/14 00:45

De : "Verizon Wireless Customer Support"

A : "Chloé Manciet"

Copie à :

Objet : - Unlocking

Unlocking

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in iPhone 5 - View the full discussion

chloemanciet,

EfrainM_VZW

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in iPhone 5 by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi chloemanciet!

I apologize for the confusion! Here's how to enable roaming: http://vz.to/1yChrbc . We're here if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks,
AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes