Upgrade basic phone line, get iphone 5 for main line. What is the cost of basic phone line now? $9.99 for 2nd line w/2 yr contract as before?
PatClem

Hi everyone,

From my understanding, it is confirmed that we can upgrade a second line in order to purchase discounted price of iphone 5 and keep unlimited data.  My question is what will the fees on the basic line now be?  It would have been upgraded with share everything data plan in order to purchase smartphone.  Once the data plan is dropped, what plan is the basic line now under and what is the cost.  Is it still under the share everything plan?

Right now, it is on the old Alltel plan with $9.99 for second line, shares 900 anytime minutes with main line and $10 for texting on that basic phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrade basic phone line, get iphone 5 for main line. What is the cost of basic phone line now? $9.99 for 2nd line w/2 yr contract as before?
rcschnoor
Legend

PatClem wrote:

Hi everyone,

From my understanding, it is confirmed that we can upgrade a second line in order to purchase discounted price of iphone 5 and keep unlimited data.  My question is what will the fees on the basic line now be?  It would have been upgraded with share everything data plan in order to purchase smartphone.  Once the data plan is dropped, what plan is the basic line now under and what is the cost.  Is it still under the share everything plan?

Right now, it is on the old Alltel plan with $9.99 for second line, shares 900 anytime minutes with main line and $10 for texting on that basic phone.

If you are currently on a Verizon Family plan and upgrade a basic phone to a smartphone, I believe you have the choice to put it on a tiered data plan. You are not "forced" into the Share Everything plan. If you then reactivate your basic phone on that line, you can drop the data plan when you do so.

Being on an old Alltel plan, though, things may be a bit different.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade basic phone line, get iphone 5 for main line. What is the cost of basic phone line now? $9.99 for 2nd line w/2 yr contract as before?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

they dont offer that plan anymore

you new line would have to be a share everything plan

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

He didn't say he was getting a "new" line, but upgrading an "existing" line.

Regardless, I believe you can add a new line on an existing Family Plan, as long as it does not currently have 5 lines, and not migrate to the Share Everything plan. If it is a smartphone, it would have to go on a tiered data plan if you do so, though.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

PatClem wrote:

Hi everyone,

If you are currently on a Verizon Family plan and upgrade a basic phone to a smartphone, I believe you have the choice to put it on a tiered data plan. You are not "forced" into the Share Everything plan. If you then reactivate your basic phone on that line, you can drop the data plan when you do so.

Being on an old Alltel plan, though, things may be a bit different.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

i havent finished my morning coffee yet, i misread it, soory bout that

0 Likes
Upgrade basic phone line, get iphone 5 for main line. What is the cost of basic phone line now? $9.99 for 2nd line w/2 yr contract as before?
PatClem

Thanks, I thought I only had the choice to pick share everything when picking data plans for my second line.  Plan to activate then deactivate and reactivate bacic phone so that I can have the iphone 5 on main line.

0 Likes