Re: Upgrade issues with new Iphone 5
skidtech
Enthusiast - Level 2

One big problem I did not realize...or rather forgot is that your contract end date and upgrade date are 4 months difference so even if I wanted to leave I would continue to pay till February......OMG Good ol Verizon

0 Likes
setupwizard5
Enthusiast - Level 1

NOT SURE IF ANY OF WHAT I'M POSTING HERE HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU POSTED BUT I AM FED UP WITH VERIZON / APPLE INTEROPERABILITY FROM A PERSONNEL / SERVER COMPUTER PERSPECTIVE IF THAT'S EVEN WHAT THIS SERIOUS ISSUE FALLS INTO: 

A FEW DAYS AGO I UPGRADED ONE OF MY LINES WITH VERIZON THAT WAS UP FOR CONTRACT RENEWAL.  I CHOSE TO UPGRADE THAT LINE TO THE IPHONE 5.  VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE SAID THAT I COULD APPLY THE IPHONE 5 UPGRADE TO ANOTHER LINE OF MY CHOICE ONCE I RECEIVED THE IPHONE 5.

THAT NIGHT I WENT TO APPLE.COM TO PURCHASE THE IPHONE 5 AT THE CONTRACT RENEWAL PRICE.  i CHOSE PICKUP IN STORE AT THE ORLAND SQUARE MALL APPLE STORE IN ORLAND PARK, IL.  THE TRANSACTION ONLINE WAS PROCESSED WITH NO ISSUES.  I RECEIVED AN EMAIL LATER THAT NIGHT THAT SAID MY ITEMS ARE READY FOR PICKUP. 

EXCITED THE NEXT MORNING TO GET MY NEW IPHONE 5 I WENT TO THE APPLE STORE IN ORLAND PARK, IL AND EXPLAINED MY PURPOSE FOR BEING THERE AND SHOWED THEM THE ORDER NUMBER.  I WAITED FOR A BIT.  THE SALES REP TOLD ME THAT EVEN THOUGH THE ITEM HAS BEEN PURCHASED BY ME ALREADY THEY CANNOT ALLOW ME TO LEAVE THE STORE WITH THE NEW IPHONE 5 BECAUSE ON THEIR LITTLE IPOD TOUCHES THAT ALL THE ASSOCIATED CARRY AROUND WITH THEM IT COMES UP WITH SOME KIND OF INTERNAL SERVER ERROR.....  KEEP IN MIND ALSO THAT ACCORDING TO THEM I WAS THE FIFTH VERIZON CUSTOMER ON THAT DAY THAT THEY HAD TO TURN AWAY BECAUSE VERIZON SERVERS WERE "UNRESPONSIVE OR DOWN" FOR A TIME AND THAT ALL VERIZON CUSTOMERS WERE BECOMING VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS PROBLEM.  IT SEEMS AS THOUGH APPLE AND VERIZON CANNOT IDENTIFY WITH WHAT THE PROBLEM IS AND INSTEAD OF A NEW IPHONE IN HAND ALL THE CUSTOMER IS LEFT WITH IS C*** IN HAND !  FOUR TIMES I HAVE TRAVELLED OUT TO THIS LOCATION AND THE END RESULT HAS BEEN THE SAME.  CAN ONE OF YOU VERIZON MODERATORS IN THE FORUM HERE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.  MY FRUSTRATION IN THIS MATTER IS COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED.  HERE WAS MY RESPONSE TO THE SURVEY REGARDING MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE WHOLE THING:

THIS WAS THE SURVEY I COMPLETED FOR THE ORLAND SQUARE APPLE STORE ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE THERE:

First of all I need to say that I am a huge Apple products supporter, however, on Friday 11/02/2012 I placed an online order for store pickup at the Orland Square Apple Store in Orland Park, IL and my experience thus far with this in trying to leave the store with my purchased item has been nightmarish and unaccomplished.  I am a Verizon customer and it is my understanding that there are some internal personnel/server problems with Verizon customers purchasing the iPhone 5 thru Apple Stores.  I am trying to be as understanding as possible about the dynamics of this entire process, however, as an Apple customer and Verizon customer to say I am dissatisfied with my experience thus far is to say that a hypothetical flesh eating disease on my scrotum feels like eternal water cast upon my parched soul....  Now with that said, I really don't know what the hell is going on with Verizon and Apple tossing the issue back and forth to each other on who is to blame for this but ultimately the one who has high disregard for both companies for such an issue is me, the customer.  I will make it a point to be one of those customers that you hear about that goes around telling others about what an awful time they had with Apple and Verizon, then one tells to another and another and so on and so on until years later the net result might be loss of once valued customers.  Bottom line is that the next time I try to make a trip out to Orland Square Apple Store in attempts to get my phone (because the funds have cleared my acct it is mine) this will have made the fourth time I have driven out there when members of their own staff have told me so joyfully oh yes your item is ready for pickup only to hear them say upon arrival that hmmm it looks like we are having some problems please come back another day not to mention apple's stupid automated email s*** that says your items ready to complicate matters worse hopefully will be the last time I go out there, I get my item, leave and never return to the god-forsaken land of Orland anything !!!!

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

ok why not just go to a verizon store?

did you try a diff apple store? maybe it was just this store.

0 Likes