Upgrade to iPhone 5 and changing plan ?
crewcut

I currently have Family Share Nation 700 Plan with another line. I would like to upgrade both of our basic phones to iPhone 5.  When I select the iPhone 5 on the verizon website, it wants me to add the "Smartphone Data Package Plan". I'm currently on the 25mb $9.99/month plan for both phones. Can I keep this plan until the iPhone 5 arrives? or must I change the plan now? according to verizon, the iPhone won't be shipped out for another month (no point in paying the extra data since both of our basic phones are terrible).  Also, when the iPhone arrives, I would like to switch my plan to the "Share Everything Plan" with unlimited talk/text 4gb shared data. How would I go about doing that?

hope someone can help.

thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrade to iPhone 5 and changing plan ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Crewcut,

Great choice in device. The iPhone 5 is an awesome phone to transition in. I recently purchased the iPhone 4 for my mom who was using a basic device. Yes, when you are selecting the iPhone 5, it will prompt you to change your data plan. Even though you are changing your data from the $9.99 to the $30.00 data package, it doesn't take effect until the iPhone 5 arrive and is activated.

Once you receive the phone and activate it, you can log into MyVerizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc and change over to the Share Everything. You want to ensure that you are selecting the backdate option when changing the plan to avoid prorated charges. If backdating isn't available, I recommend setting the plan to change on the next bill cycle date.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with ordering your iPhone. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Katrinan_vzw

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

The plan change would go ineffect with the activation o the phones. so until they come and you activate them, you will still be on your current plan. keep in mind though that you will be prorated on your current plan, so make sure you monitor your minutes. I understand you not wanting to pay for the plan until the phones come, but it may be better for you to backdate the new plan depending on where you are for your usage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Crewcut,

Great choice in device. The iPhone 5 is an awesome phone to transition in. I recently purchased the iPhone 4 for my mom who was using a basic device. Yes, when you are selecting the iPhone 5, it will prompt you to change your data plan. Even though you are changing your data from the $9.99 to the $30.00 data package, it doesn't take effect until the iPhone 5 arrive and is activated.

Once you receive the phone and activate it, you can log into MyVerizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc and change over to the Share Everything. You want to ensure that you are selecting the backdate option when changing the plan to avoid prorated charges. If backdating isn't available, I recommend setting the plan to change on the next bill cycle date.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with ordering your iPhone. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Katrinan_vzw

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes