Upgrade transfer for iPhone 5... does it require the original user to do anything?
Captriker
Enthusiast - Level 1

When the iPhone 4 was released on Verizon we had to use a special system for the preorder with no transfer ability. When I purchased the phone I had to do a manual upgrade transfer.Example: If I have Line A (not eligible) and my wife has Line B (eligible.)   Meaning I had to:

• order the phone on Line B
  • receive the phone
  • activate it on Line B
  • Reactivate it on Line A
  • Reactivate Line B's original phone on Line B.

A bit of a pain. 

With the iPhone 5, does anyone know if I can use the transfer upgrade feature and will I have to fiddle with activations like with the iPhone 4?  Or will the phone come associated to Line A in the example above and line B just has their upgrade date pushed out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade transfer for iPhone 5... does it require the original user to do anything?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good question, Captriker! You will be required to complete the same process to transfer the upgrade to another number. I know it's a pain, but your new phone will be worth the trouble.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade transfer for iPhone 5... does it require the original user to do anything?
smokey_ty
Enthusiast - Level 2

My question is will I be able to do this over the phone or will I have to actually go to a Verizon store to do this?

0 Likes
blurayfreak
Enthusiast - Level 3

There's a possibility you might actually be able to do it yourself online. Someone in another thread posted these instructions regarding the process for the iPhone 4. I'm willing to bet they're the same for the iPhone 5, but then again....  😉

http://support.verizonwireless.com/how_to_use/iphone_alternate_upgrade.html

0 Likes