Use Basic phone upgrade, to purchase an Iphone to sell
james910

If I have a basic phone and upgrade to an Iphone would I need to activate it before selling?  When upgrading it requires adding a data package is this added automatically or only if the Iphone is activated?  If it is added automatically what do I do to ensure I am not being charged for data, on my basic device?  I have read the phone has to be activated to accept the terms and conditions of the contract, but I have also read the terms and conditions are accepted when the order is placed,which is correct?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Use Basic phone upgrade, to purchase an Iphone to sell
Not applicable

You would have to get a data plan and then you would have to cancel said plan. With other phones you might be able to get away without activating it. I'm not sure about Iphones.

0 Likes
Re: Use Basic phone upgrade, to purchase an Iphone to sell
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

You have to activate a phone you get on upgrade or you will be billed for the full retail price. The point of activation is where you accept the T&C. Then you are free to sell the phone and use your basic phone, but you will not be able to upgrade again for 24 months.

When you activate the basic phone, it'll say it's incompatible with the smartphone data plan and you can take it off at that point. If in doubt, check your account online at My Verizon to make sure it's taken off.

0 Likes