Users' experiences with data coverage in Costa Rica
JerryGarciuh
Enthusiast - Level 2

My family will be driving around Costa Rica this summer for two weeks.  We plan on taking our iPhone 5S and getting Verizon's International Travel 100 Talk, Text and Data plan.

My question is whether anyone has experience with data coverage outside major cities in Costa Rica?  We have little Spanish and we really hope to use Google Maps and Google Translate a lot during the trip and I am concerned that we will find ourselves unable to access the network a lot on the road and in small towns.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Users' experiences with data coverage in Costa Rica
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds like an adventure, JerryGarciuh. To help you find some perspective on what to expect coverage-wise, we located our international service map here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/overlays/international-travel-coverage-map.html
You are able to look up coverage, even in the smaller cities.
DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JerryGarciuh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate the reply and had previously viewed that map's impressive coverage.  I was hoping to hear from customers about their experiences.  The feedback on this same question at TripAdvisor.com have been 2/3 positive leading me to be hopeful that I will often be able to use Google Maps to keep from being completely lost.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JerryGarciuh - You're welcome. Costa Rica is a beautiful place to visit and having access to Google maps is crucial. Please make sure that the device you will be using in Costa Rica has the latest software before you travel. 

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes