Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Using an iPhone 5 in France.
yannster

To whom it may concern,

I am traveling to France in a couple of weeks and would like to buy a temporary Micro-SIM card while there for voice/txt purposes.

1. How can I confirm that my iPhone 5 is unlocked?  There is a long list of web site that cite that all iPhone 5s ship unlocked.  Is that still the case (I got mine about 3 weeks ago).  I also called Global Services and they "confirmed" it was, but I felt the whole conversation was a bit off and didn't quite trust the answer I was getting.  The Verizon representative on the phone didn't seem quite knowledgeable about what I was asking.  I just don't want to get there and then be told that my phone is locked.

2. Does anyone have any experiences or recommendation with any specific carriers for Micro-SIMs (Orange vs. SFR vs. Bouygues vs. Leclerc, etc...)?  I will be there for three weeks, but I do travel to France frequently (2-3 times per year).  I have never tried to get a different SIM, mainly because none of my previous phones were unlocked.

Thank you!  Best,

/yann

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Using an iPhone 5 in France.
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I believe the iPhone 5 is unlocked for global use.  However you should note that the iPhone 5 uses a nano-SIM card not a micro-SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes