Verizon canceled my order, now I'm screwed
dougdon

Hi all,

I preordered the iPhone 5 last Friday for a Sept 21 delivery.  I got it shipped to my office (large office with 2000+ people, not a mom and pop shop) as no one would be able to sign for it at my home.  However, yesterday I got an email out of the blue, saying that my order was canceled, and it gave me a number to call.  The address for some reason was flagged as fraudulent, and once I spoke with someone in the fraud department they apologized profusely and said it was a mistake.  That person went on to say that  in order to get the phone, I would have to preorder again, but that they couldn't give me the original date I was promised and now the earliest I can get it is October 5.

I've spoken with a few  people (half very rude, half nice), and essentially no one can help me.  They ultimately gave me a $50 statement credit for my hassles, but my company pays the bill so that doesn't mean anything to me.  Has anyone dealt with a situation like this in the past?  They definitely screwed up, but no one can actually do anything for me.  All I want is the phone on the date that it was originally promised to me, not on the date that resulted from Verizon's screw-up.  Any advice would be appreciated-- thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon canceled my order, now I'm screwed
superebear
Enthusiast - Level 3

did u ask them for a credit or did they offer it up? cuz they really played games with me that i was about to just leave.

0 Likes
Leminkel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't have much insight for you, but I can tell you more than likely why it was marked as fraudulent activity in your account. Verizon's automated billing system that they are using to charge people's CCs from pre'orders (called Cellco or something) is very impatient. There is a small window that the billing department is giving your card to accept the transaction, if it doesn't accept - it's automatically rerunning your card. I ordered two iPhones (two separate transactions), for one of the transactions, my card was run AT LEAST 13 times. That's what was picked up by the bank. It said some of the card runs were only 22 seconds apart. I've heard a TON of people getting fraud alerts on their accounts, and a few people having the same problem as you where the account is just straight up rejecting the transaction because it is so irregular. For me, my bank called me asap and I ok'd the two transactions (one for each iPhone) - so they flagged the account that it was ok to charge once for $281.99 and once for $389.99. NOW - since they ok'd the transaction and the company ran my card so many times, I've paid for the phones and those transactions have posted, but so have three other transactions from their insane card running habit. Meaning - I've actually paid for FIVE iPhones. What the heck!?

Anyway - I'm terribly sorry to bore you with my story, but you aren't the only one getting screwed (in one way or another) by this pre-order and the way Verizon is billing. It is causing a shit ton of problems for a lot of people. My entire checking account is frozen until we can get the issue resolved with Verizon, since I've now paid them almost an extra $1000! I wouldn't stop complaining to Verizon until they can do something special for you. They are doing their best to not acknowledge this problem, but it is a HUGE problem and at some point it's going to surface and they are going to HAVE to address it.

Good luck to you, and I hope you are able to get your hands on one of these phones sooner rather than later. Maybe ask to speak with a manager and request they hold a phone for you that you can pick up in store when it's released? As far as customer service goes - they ought to accomodate you, so I would fight for something like that.

0 Likes
dougdon

They offered it because I wouldn't let them just pawn me off... this is BS.  I honestly almost didn't take the credit because it has no effect on me... I asked them to rectify the situation and they didn't

0 Likes
dougdon

Thanks for the response, and sorry you got screwed as well.  I figured the easiest way for this to work in my favor is if the 1800 people called a local store and told them to hold a phone for me, but under no circumstance can they do that apparently.  Was going to stop at a store tonight but was traveling home and didn't get back in time.  Guess I'll have to see tomorrow

0 Likes