Verizon is a joke! 9/21 delivery date and still hasn't shipped!
nallen41

We ordered our phones at about 0900 EDT on 9/14. We had a scheduled delivery of 9/21. Our order still has not shipped. We keep getting told that everything is fine with our order and it will ship but it just has not been processed. I was just told again, on 9/22, that the order was not ready to ship before 9/21. It was not shipped yesterday either. I was told it SHOULD ship on Monday. I am ticked off. Verizon does not seem to care about customer service. They keep giving us the run around and they don't do anything to actually help. How about processing my order? They should have sent it out yesterday with Saturday delivery. People on here have posted that their 9/26 orders have shipped yesterday and yet we are still waiting? We thought about leaving Verizon but decided to stay. I am wondering if it is too late to cancel our contract and go with another service. Our contract was due to expire in a month anyways.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon is a joke! 9/21 delivery date and still hasn't shipped!
kaylolly

I ordered mine a little after 9:00 CST on 9/14. Scheduled delivery of 9/21, then expected ship date of 9/21 blah blah blah. Just within the past hour, they've removed my expected ship date altogether and it says they have sent my order for processing.

0 Likes
nallen41

I finally got a change! Expected ship date of 10/19 now! I am on hold with customer service. They are going to fix this or I am going elsewhere!

0 Likes
anthonyb861
Contributor - Level 2

Damn oct 19?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nallen41,

I can't imagine how you feel with waiting for a phone you were already expecting. I know there has been a bit of confusion with how ship by and deliver by dates have been communicated to the customers. Has this been resolved for you? It's been a few days since your post and want this addressed  as quickly as possible. If you're still waiting on the phone please follow me (MariaC_VZW) and send me a direct message with your account details so we can take a look at what's been going on. I don't want this to continue anymore. I want you to be a happy Verizon customer.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rosenberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

What annoys me the most about Verizon's handling of the situation is not the long shipping dates and shortage of inventory, it's the mismanagement and miscommunication to customers. If Verizon has not made sure there is a phone to be accounted for to each order placed then just state a late delivery date initially instead of assuring customers of one particular date and then weeks later, when that person has already been waiting in the dark, changing the date to 2 or 3 weeks additional to the initial wait time. That is not acceptable from the nation's largest carrier. People quickly blame Apple for not sending the phones fast enough to Verizon and that may or may not be true but still, Verizon should not communicate a date of shipping or delivery unless they are certain that the customer will receive their phone on or before the specified date. Every customer service rep has a different story and a different explanation/guidelines. A company this large should communicate to it's employees a unified agenda and guidelines to follow/inform customers of, but instead we hear 20 different stories from as many Verizon employees. I pre-ordered mine on 9/18 and my 10/5 delivery date has not been changed (yet). I was at a Radioshack, of all places yesterday and they had verizon iphone 5's in stock to sell. No pre-ordering, no false dates. Radioshack for crying out loud. That is shameful to me and I don't even work for Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hear you rosenberg,

I'd be frustrated if I ordered a phone and my shipping/delivery date changed for any reason. I trust that your shipping date has not changed and you will receive your device as anticipated. Some third party retailers are able to secure some orders for devices from the manufacturer, hence the reason they may have some devices in stock. Please let us know if you need further assistance with your order.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes