Re: Verizon is out of stock of 5s phones and just shrugs it off
formz
Enthusiast - Level 2

LoL. Parthos, I like your style! Short and snarky, and maybe a bit over caffeinated!

First, let me say I fully agree with what you are saying! Verizon knew good and well that there was going to be some customer satisfaction issues when going to market with the supply they had. However, they might not have had much of a choice.

If Apple waited until it had sufficient inventory before selling to the various partner channels, it would be four to six months after Apple started selling those devices in their stores and online before any of those outside channels saw product and could then in turn offer them to their customers. That does not bid well for Verizon, or any of their customers wanting to order directly from VZ instead of directly from Apple.

While such a scenario would mean more money for Apple, it makes for unhappy carrier partnerships, complicates current product supply chain analysis and creates unnecessary next product production cycle issues. Long story made short, it's just not going to happen that way.

Verizon knows that they could wait out that four to six month delay, building up adequate supply before going to market. However, they also know full well that it would just create a different, possibly worse, poor customer experience. By their calculations, and actions, clearly they have determined that the lesser of the two evils is to go to market with limited supply, knowing that not everyone is going to be happy.

doherty1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you never experienced an iPhone launch before? They've sold out in stores extremely quickly ever since the iPhone 3G. This is no surprise and it's neither Verizon OR Apple's fault for not having enough stock. How are they supposed to know how many phones are going to be sold where? You sound pretty ignorant if you ask me! You should have thought ahead and ordered ASAP so you didn't have to wait instead of complaining to the internet.

0 Likes
Parthos
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes doherty I have experieced every Apple product launch.  This ranks as the worst for total mistreatment of the customer.  And as long as there are lame people and customers like you who just prefer to roll over and remain satisfied with lousy experience then Apple and any other company will just take your money and laugh.  And no one asked you your opinion of me so we don't care what you think.  And complaining on Verizon's internent community space is one of the many places to register a complaint.  Oh wait, you don't like to complain because you prefer to sit around, do nothing and get lousy service. What a dream sucker you are.  Now who's the ignorant one?

0 Likes
doherty1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, I didn't receive any of this so called "lousy service" considering I was able to get my preferred 5s in store on launch day. Your sorry excuse of an attempt to insult me didn't work.