Re: Verizon scamming current customers on iphone 5 preorders!!!
AGERMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried to pre-order the iphone 5 but it tried to change my unlimited data plan. HELL NO!! I'm already paying $80.00 for 10 gigs on my MIFI cause I cannot get internet out here otherwise. I tried Satelite (didn't work), cannot get DSL or Cable!! My phone is the only other means to keep my little home business & stay in touch with the outside world. So disappointed in Verizon. Isn't there a way to get around this issue? I've been a loyal and on time paying customer since I moved to this state. Verizon is a monopoly in my area, no other provider works out here!!

0 Likes
AGERMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also went to the Apple website based on your comment: They had the nerve to charge me per VERIZON: A $30 one time upgrade fee + $ 110 a month data share plan. A plan I have to share with between 3 people (teenager!!!). Now I'm really pissed off at VERIZON!!!

0 Likes
philnamy531
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, when I pre-ordered this morning the website said I counldn't keep my unlimited plan either. With ever other Phone I've had when I upgraded, it was able to roll over. Why the change now, becuase it's a hot phone, and they want to pork us?  I will probably be returning too before my 14 days. What a RIP. I can see the pre-order fee, which though I am not happy about, am willing to pay to get it, but not lose my unlimited plan.

0 Likes
Johnsr31
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't have a problem keeping my unlimited data when I ordered my Iphone this morning.

lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

heyitsmejosh wrote:

because i paid 300 for the phone, all you have to do now is put a dummy phone on the new line and put the iphone on the old line 9.99 a month thats 240 over two years which is 540 instead of 750

It'll be closer to $14 a month after taxes and fees. Still saving over $100.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

philnamy531 wrote:

I can see the pre-order fee,

Pre-order fee? how much is that?

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Gotham wrote:

perhaps we can get a class action going on here!

That's the American way!

0 Likes
AGERMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

For what? I never been charged a $30 fee. Outrageous!!

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

AGERMAN wrote:

For what? I never been charged a $30 fee. Outrageous!!

Obviously you haven't upgraded recently or read this forum before today.

0 Likes
Verizon scamming current customers on iphone 5 preorders!!!
AGERMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right now I'm so upset with Verizon trying to charge me a ridiculous $30 upgrade fee and taking my own unlimited data plan of $29.95 away and trying to force me into a $110 plan I have to share with the whole family!! Having a smart phone you are required to have a data plan or else it's useless anyway!!

0 Likes