Re: Verizon still processing order!
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

My status shows "Ships on 9/21"...does that mean I won't actually get it on 9/21?  I pre-ordered at midnight...

0 Likes
Mgalmo

Just got off the phone. . .spoke with the CSR from Verizon since I too questioned the 9/21/2012 Ship date.

She tells me that if the order placed for a Black iPhone5 by 9am on 9/14 it will be received on 9/21/2012.  If ordered a White one it had to be ordered by 1pm on 9/14 to be delivered by 9/21/2012.

She also told me that these will be coming straight from Apple NOT Verizon Warehouse and once a shipping label is put on the package the tracking number will be available to us.  I can only suspect the person that got the tracking number for delivery on 9/19 the phone probably has not actually shipped yet (I can't believe that Apple would have ANYONE get it early)

I was also told Apple is shipping overnight.

Thank you Covet for the link. . .

0 Likes
camphorhall

I hope this is right Mgalmo. I order black on 9/14 around 310AM/ My email confirmation says receive by 9/21 and confirmation says shipped by 9/21. Verizon CF rep said shipped by 9/21 because the phone doesn't really come out until the 14th and there is no way to get it on the 14th if one pre-ordered.

0 Likes
JamieFarFromHome
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's really weird.

The two different reps I spoke with said almost the exact opposite of everything you just wrote:

1) No preorder phones delivered until the Monday following release (at the earliest)

2) Phones were coming directly from Verizon

Verizon is really making this process frustrating - although not nearly as frustrating as standing in line at a store to get one.

I hope your rep is right!

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

You guys just stress yourself's out over nothing the people that have got shipping info are ones that ordered from Apple this is because most Apples phones ship from China anyone who ordered from Verizon will get it by the 21st with 2day or overnight shipping depending on where you live your phone will ship from the warehouse from your order location found on your pre order confirmation email.

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

The tracking info could very well be for account documents for a new account ect... This also happened last year with the 4S someone got a tracking # and swore up and down it was their 4S but when the package came it was account documents from Verion for being a new subscriber again I am not saying I am correct just a possibility.

0 Likes
MaxCell

I think iDroid could be right.

0 Likes
Mgalmo

It would not be the first time Verizon CSRs would have opposing information. . .

I agree with iDroid, I have ordered from Apple before and it does come from China. . .Hoping mine is already Stateside. . .

0 Likes
pfrigoli
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just checked my status and it's still processing. If there were issues or problems, I'd be notified right? I guess no news is good news?

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

As long as your order is still processing you should be good. This is my third iPhone pre order from Verizon I have been in this same boat three differnt years I just explain my past experiences with Verizon in hopes to ease the stress levels for some I know this can be a very stressful time lol.

0 Likes