Very Disappointed in Apple and Verizon - 5C data issues and no answers
pkjoy
Enthusiast - Level 1

We received an email that we could upgrade our son to a new iphone 5C for free.  We decided to move to the family share plan and let him have the smart phone he's wanted for some time.  We have had 2 smart phones for years and never connected to wifi and hardly ever used 2 GB of data combined in all the years we had our phones.  After 4 days, I noticed that the data was being consumed at a very high rate and it was happening during the night while my son's  phone was charging.  He hardly was using it to surf the net.  I called Verizon (who NEVER heard of this problem HA!), changed some settings (background apps, etc.). She was kind enough to offer to up my data plan for more money - I am thinking this is all part of the plan by Verizon.  The next morning, the 5:30AM data consumption was over 1GB!!!!   We went back to the Verizon store - they say the phone must be defective, but they can't switch us out because there are no 5C phones in the area. No answers.  Turn off the data, monitor with data manager apps, etc.  Why would I get a smart phone and not be able to use it?!?!  I have a 5S and have never had a problem and never gave data a second thought and now I have to eat, sleep and breathe data overage?   It's insane!!  We called Apple - they can't help us,  They've never heard of this and say it's Verizon's issue.  We have spent hours on the phone, researching online, verifying settings, etc.  I am outraged that we can't get any answers and feel like it's all a scam to get people to pay more money.  After searching the internet, it is even worse when I see how many other people are having the exact same issue with no answers.  I am not sure who is at fault but it seems like Verizon and Apple need to resolve the issue or they are both going to lose a good amount of customers.... including us. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very Disappointed in Apple and Verizon - 5C data issues and no answers
johndenise93
Enthusiast - Level 1

have you received any answers? We also have experienced the same thing for the last two months. We called Verizon today and nothing was resolved. They are saying my daughter used over 2 GB in 10 days! Some of the times were while she was asleep! I am so frustrated. I wondered if anyone had this problem and got it resolved. VERY dissapointed Kathleen

mp102381
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my 5C in July. and I am having the same issues.. I am not using the 5c any more then i did my 4s.. and the fact that I can't stay under 5 GB a month is rediculous. I just find this very frustrating.

kailstone

My boy has a Iphone4 and in the last 3 months his has been using more than ever. I called and they said its his fault, he kept telling me he is not doing anything different then he has ever done. I think we need to get to the bottom of this I really think we are getting ripped off. Is there someone out there that really knows whats going on so mabye we could get a refund.

0 Likes
TresaF
Enthusiast - Level 2

same here about to get lawyer involved, got on family manage i have sons phone off during certain hours, also on our wife, look at his usage next day and its in middle of night and my own phone has data usage too when i know i was not using. was told smart phones do this and turn off data when on wifi, when i do that i dont get text or other messages needed, what is verizon going to do to fix this. it was never disclosed when got the 5c or any smart phone that had to turn off data on wifi, i though it did automatically, has anyone got help on this is veizon fixing ...if not guess cost me more with lawyer to get out of contract but if going to be charged every month for data we never used then be worth it for verizon to fix this.

0 Likes
DK525
Enthusiast - Level 1

Glad to hear others are having issues....Here I was thinking my daughter was up using her phone at 1:00 am  until I was look at her usage.  Seem she just used almost 2gb of data on her phone and it's locked up......and she's been asleep for 4hours.....

Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

It seem like a lot of us are in the same boat.

0 Likes