Visual Voicemail Not Working
jaffeface

I set up my visual voicemail successfully upon getting my iphone a few weeks ago, but just noticed that it has somehow "un set-up."  That is, when I click on the voicemail button, I don't get the normal visual voicemail screen that lists my messages.  Rather I get a key pad and an automatic call to the "message management system."  And no one can leave me a voicemail.  Is there any way I can fix this without restoring my phone?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Visual Voicemail Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jaffeface
Let's get that iPhone up and running smoothly! Here's a great link to help troubleshoot the visual voicemail: http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/voicemail/

Please let know if this helps, I would be happy to further troubleshoot.

Thank you
JoeL_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jaffeface

None of the steps on that page work... I have already tried them.  When I try to access voicemail my phone dials, and I get a recording that says "welcome to the message management system," and tells me to enter the mailbox for which I would like to leave a message.  Nothing about setting up my voicemail.   I would appreciate your help on this, ASAP.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
Android_Iphone

Go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > RESET > RESET NETWORK SETTINGS.  Your phone will reset and you can set up your voicemail from scratch.

0 Likes
jaffeface

That didn't work. The same problem persists. Can you recommend something

else?

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Android>Iphone <

0 Likes
Android_Iphone

Call into Tech Support @ 866-221-4066 from another phone.  The phone isn't communicating with the network on the back end correctly. If that doesn't work, I would reccommend goin to an Apple store and having the phone replaced under warranty. There is a series of "checks" the phone has to clear even for voicemail to work; theres probably something going on that is interferring with the way the phone is registering with the network.

0 Likes