Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Visual Voicemail Not Working
jaffeface

I set up my visual voicemail successfully upon getting my iphone a few weeks ago, but just noticed that it has somehow "un set-up."  That is, when I click on the voicemail button, I don't get the normal visual voicemail screen that lists my messages.  Rather I get a key pad and an automatic call to the "message management system."  And no one can leave me a voicemail.  Is there any way I can fix this without restoring my phone?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Visual Voicemail Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello jaffeface
Let's get that iPhone up and running smoothly! Here's a great link to help troubleshoot the visual voicemail: http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/voicemail/

Please let know if this helps, I would be happy to further troubleshoot.

Thank you
JoeL_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jaffeface

None of the steps on that page work... I have already tried them.  When I try to access voicemail my phone dials, and I get a recording that says "welcome to the message management system," and tells me to enter the mailbox for which I would like to leave a message.  Nothing about setting up my voicemail.   I would appreciate your help on this, ASAP.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
Android_Iphone

Go to SETTINGS > GENERAL > RESET > RESET NETWORK SETTINGS.  Your phone will reset and you can set up your voicemail from scratch.

0 Likes
jaffeface

That didn't work. The same problem persists. Can you recommend something

else?

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Android>Iphone <

0 Likes
Android_Iphone

Call into Tech Support @ 866-221-4066 from another phone.  The phone isn't communicating with the network on the back end correctly. If that doesn't work, I would reccommend goin to an Apple store and having the phone replaced under warranty. There is a series of "checks" the phone has to clear even for voicemail to work; theres probably something going on that is interferring with the way the phone is registering with the network.

0 Likes