Visual Voicemail / Phone App Frozen
EEG927
Enthusiast - Level 1

It seems to have happened after I updated the carrier settings on my iphone 5s.  Initially the phone would freeze when I clicked on the "voicemail" icon in the Phone app,  I tried resetting the network settings, performing a reboot; I even reset my phone to factory settings and then restored it from an iTunes backup.  Now the Phone app is completely frozen.  If I touch it, I get a blank white screen, it freezes, and then closes.  I can't access my keypad to dial out, can't see my recent calls, and can't clear the missed calls indicated on the Phone app icon.  I have to use Siri to dial outgoing numbers not stored in my contacts.  Apple says it is a Verizon problem because Visual Voicemail is a carrier feature.  Please help as this is very frustrating.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual Voicemail / Phone App Frozen
EEG927
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wound up calling support about this issue, was elevated to Tier 2 support, but they couldn't fix the problem.  Getting a new phone in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies for the trouble you're experiencing with your visual voicemail. How long ago did you update the carrier settings on your iPhone? What's the impacted zip code? Are you experiencing any other issues with your service at all?

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EEG927, let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a message on Facebook or Twitter.

EstebanP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
EEG927
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wound up calling support about this issue, was elevated to Tier 2 support, but they couldn't fix the problem.  Getting a new phone in the future.

0 Likes