Voice Mail overseas
ATHiker95

I use YouMail instead of the standard Verizon voicemail.  I'm going to Europe in a few weeks and don't want to get charges if someone calls me and it goes to voicemail.  YouMail told me to tell Verizon to turn off call forwarding.  Does this sound right? 

If you don't listen to the voice mail, are you still charged anyway? (probably a dumb question - I assume you are).  However, I know you can access your voice mail via youmail's website and if you were using a wifi hotspot, would that circumvent the problem?

Thanks,

Mark

I assume that even if you have cellular data turned off, the voice mail would still go through?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice Mail overseas
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ATHiker95,

Help has arrived! To address your concerns, if you utilize a third party application to access your voice mails, please keep in mind that this may result in data roaming charges. Although you are not billed for a call going to voicemail, you will be billed on a per minute basis for retrieving the voice mail from the voice mail box. If you do not retrieve the voicemail on the trip, you will not be charged for that call. Using a Wi-Fi connection will prevent data roaming charges, but if a phone call is made/received you are still billed for voice roaming.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Voice Mail overseas
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ATHiker95,

Help has arrived! To address your concerns, if you utilize a third party application to access your voice mails, please keep in mind that this may result in data roaming charges. Although you are not billed for a call going to voicemail, you will be billed on a per minute basis for retrieving the voice mail from the voice mail box. If you do not retrieve the voicemail on the trip, you will not be charged for that call. Using a Wi-Fi connection will prevent data roaming charges, but if a phone call is made/received you are still billed for voice roaming.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes