Voicemail - No access to the system?
Autocon

So I got an iphone 5 (upgraded from HTC incredible) in Dec and just found out today that my voicemail dose not seem to be working.  When I dial *86 I keep getting the automated message "Sorry your account has no access to the system.  Please consult your system administrator."  What dose this mean and how do I go about fixing it?  I didnt have a problem on my Droid but now on my iphone I cant seem to get it to work.  I even tried to dial my own phone number but got the same error message.

Who would my system administrator be?  Is that located in my account somewhere?

Thanks for any help Smiley Happy

-Anthony

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail - No access to the system?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you activate an Apple iphone for the first time, you need to re-setup your voicemail.  The voicemail system on iphones is handled by Apple and is different from the regular voicemail system used by Verizon Wireless.  You will probably have to call customer service and have them reset your voicemail.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Autocon,

Congratulations on your new iPhone 5. I also have the device and truly enjoy it.

One of my favorite features on the iPhone is the voicemail. The visual voicemail feature on the iPhone is fantastic it brings an ease to reviewing voicemail.

To set up the voicemail on the iPhone. Head into the Phone icon. You will have various options including (Favorites, Recents, Contacts, Keypad) the voicemail option will be the final option on the right hand side. Once you reach the voicemail option for the first time it will offer you the option to set up.

I have also included a link to an Apple Article with some basic troubleshooting towards your voicemail. http://vz.to/LmEbC7

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to bring them to our attention.

YosefT_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
andyt723

I've been dealing with the same issue, it took 3 calls to Verizon (and 1 to Apple when Verizon assured me it was an Apple problem...), but I finally got it done.

You have to be transferred to Tech Support, the regular Customer Service guys don't have the same access.  The Tech guy will have to delete and replace your voicemail account, and then you dial *73 which disables Call Forwarding.  After that it just worked: I clicked the phone icon and for the first time, there was an option to set it up.

To be clear: It's a Verizon issue, not an Apple issue.  Updating IOS will not help.  Resetting your network settings (probably) won't help, resetting "all settings" won't help and is a huge pain.

Hope this works for you too,

A

0 Likes