Voicemail box is full but I deleted messages
mromano72

I deleted and cleared all messages, however, it still says my voicemail box is full when people call in.  How do I empty my mailbox????

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail box is full but I deleted messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You came to the right place for assistance mromano72! I too have an iPhone and I used to get this message. Once I went through my deleted menu on the voice mail and cleared them then the full message was gone. To do so is a piece of cake. Simply go to the bottom of the visual voice mail app and select Deleted. Once you are able to view the deleted email simpy swipe from right to left on the message then press delete. Easy right! Let us know if you have any questions so we can assist.

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tegTracy
Enthusiast - Level 2

This same thing just happened to me and I do not have a list of deleted messages anywhere that I am able to delete. I have three messages in my voicemail inbox and callers are getting a message that it's full. So if there's no option to click on "Deleted" messages, what do I do then?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TegTracy-

I know how important having available space in your Voicemail is. May you please confirm you have an iPhone 5S? If so, can you please check if the software is up to date? I would also want you to do a soft reset. To do this, please go into Settings>general>reset>reset network settings. Your phone will reboot, please try again and see if you see a list of deleted messages on your Voicemail icon. Please keep us posted.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tegTracy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. I have an iPhone 5c. I am getting the important voicemails on my phone backed up as mp3s before I do any resetting. I took my phone into a Verizon store and they couldn't figure out why I don't have a list of deleted voicemails either. He said they are probably "caught" between being deleted and not. I will wait for confirmation from the company that my voicemail messages are backed up and then will delete them and try the soft reset. Thank you very much for your help -

Tracy

From: Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com>

To: Tracy Gillespie <tracyfranks@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 6:17 PM

Subject: - Voicemail box is full but I deleted messages

#yiv2585139759 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in iPhone 5s - View the full discussionTegTracy-I know how important having available space in your Voicemail is. May you please confirm you have an iPhone 5S? If so, can you please check if the software is up to date? I would also want you to do a soft reset. To do this, please go into Settings>general>reset>reset network settings. Your phone will reboot, please try again and see if you see a list of deleted messages on your Voicemail icon. Please keep us posted.

CarmenT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in iPhone 5s by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tegTracy-

Sounds good! I definitely want this to get resolved for you. Please keep us posted when we can try the soft reset as this would reboot your Voicemail app. Just as a friendly reminder, you also want to make sure your software is up to date as this would fix most issues. If you go to Settings>general>Software update>it will let you know if your phone is up to date or if it needs a new update. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

CarmenT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tegTracy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello - while I was waiting to get my important voicemails backed up as mp3s before I did any kind of reset on my phone, I think this issue resolved itself. One day out of the blue I had a message from my mother-in-law and I tried deleting her message to see what it would do and it DID create the deleted messages list again, so I believe everything is back to normal. Thank you so much for your help on this issue.

Tracy

From: Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com>

To: Tracy Gillespie <tracyfranks@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 6:57 PM

Subject: - Voicemail box is full but I deleted messages

#yiv6139290771 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in iPhone 5s - View the full discussiontegTracy-Sounds good! I definitely want this to get resolved for you. Please keep us posted when we can try the soft reset as this would reboot your Voicemail app. Just as a friendly reminder, you also want to make sure your software is up to date as this would fix most issues. If you go to Settings>general>Software update>it will let you know if your phone is up to date or if it needs a new update. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

CarmenT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in iPhone 5s by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
BARRYHOLZ

This worked for me. Thanks

0 Likes