Re: Voicemail problems
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When Apple designed the phone originally and the subsequent version, their version of the voicemail system is exclusive to Apple only. That's why if you switch from any other phone to Apple, you have to setup the voicemail access again and when you switch from Apple to another OS operating system on a different device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JD003
Enthusiast - Level 2

But I haven’t changed phones or OS’s. I’ve updated to version 10.2, yet the voice mail problem just recently happened. Still confused.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then your voicemail has always been from the Apple servers since you have had an iPhone.

Have you looked into the data restrictions to see if voicemail or the phone application is restricted to wifi only for background data?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JD003
Enthusiast - Level 2

What do you suggest I doi?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone readily available to give the exact steps to check the data usage options to see if there is conflict there. I am familiar enough with the OS to know the option is buried somewhere in the settings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, Thank you for all of your suggestions!

JD003,

All of your troubleshooting with us is greatly appreciated! Making sure you’re receiving your voicemails promptly is the name of the game. When did this problem start to happen? Around the time you noticed you weren’t receiving voicemails until days later, has there been any recent changes to your phone? (Any new software updates? New apps downloaded?)

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes