WHy does iPhone 5C suck up so much data?
GTechBaker
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter switched to the 5C 3 months ago.  Her data usage shot way up, even though she says she is not using it any more than normal.  Looking at various discussion groups, it appears this is a common problem, but I have not seen any recent posts about it.  Does anyone know if there is a way to change settings to reduce her data usage back to normal.  I am getting dinged with overage charges every month by Verizon!

Labels (2)
Re: WHy does iPhone 5C suck up so much data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's explore options to minimize your daughter's cellular data usage GTechBaker! First I recommend enabling WiFi always and connecting to open networks when available. Also, ensure that all applications are set to update only when connected to WiFi as applications updating in the background are the most common reason for unknown data usage. Additionally, monitor data usage by calling #DATA on your phone. http://vz.to/1nGrhpN

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

Family Base Usage Cotrols

Verizon Wireless - It's the Network

Re: WHy does iPhone 5C suck up so much data?
rasmith1959
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you have the Facebook app installed on the phone? If so then turn off background refresh for that app. The Facebook app is one of the biggest culprits in consuming cellular data on iOS devices.