WHy have there been disruptions in network service after the iOS7.1 update?
vzclient32

Ever since iOS7.1 update on my iPhone 5, the 4G LTE icon has disappeared from the homepage. The 3G and 1x signals are spotty (at best). At times, I can't not hear the dial tone when dialing out. At times, I can't not hear the voice of caller when I slide to pick up the call. I brought these issues to 2 sales managers at a local coporate VZ store, none were helpful. The issues seemed non-existent when I was inside the store, but they persist after leaving the vicinity. I never had these issues with the previous iOS version. The sales managers seem clueless with the issues and try to chalk it up with VZ "service line" and then suggest for me to call VZ customer service hotline to work around the issue. I'm extremely not happy with the level of indifference I received from these so-called managers. It looks like I'd no longer be a VZ customer anytime soon.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Disruptions in network service after iOS7.1 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi vzclient32 - We strive to offer you the best possible service at all times and we do not want to lose you! I apologize for the experience you have in our store. To confirm, the 4G indicator did come back while in the store? May I have the zip code where you are experiencing these concerns? Please try resetting the Network Settings by going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. I am eager to get to the bottom of this!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Go into an Apple Store they will assist you.

http://www.apple.com

Also check out their community help forum.

Good Luck

0 Likes
cherie_in_SC

I too have the same service issues.   I have a new Iphone 5S, with iOS 7.1.   It is not an Apple Iphone problem.  It is a Verizon problem!  I see that Verizon has now taken away the ability to send them an email with a service issue, and the last thing I feel like doing to talking to them to prove that EVERY CALL I now make from my home, is dropped or won't go through.  My phone is worthless as a phone right now. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that service issues are no fun Cherie and I'm sorry your experiencing this with our device. We also have multiple ways to contact us via chat, over the phone via *611, facebook and twitter but yes email was removed as an option. Whats your zipcode? Have we replaced your device or filed a trouble-ticket for your issue?

KinquanaH_VZw
follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
cherie_in_SC

I tried your chat - it was booked, no one available to help. You also took away the *228 option yet it's still on your website as am option.

My issue is that phone calls from my house do not go through or if they manage to connect, they drop. If I stand outside my house I have better luck. I know you can check our lines to see all this. This problem started a couple of weeks ago. Nothing has changed at our end. Nothing.

Cherie Squire

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi vzclient32 - We strive to offer you the best possible service at all times and we do not want to lose you! I apologize for the experience you have in our store. To confirm, the 4G indicator did come back while in the store? May I have the zip code where you are experiencing these concerns? Please try resetting the Network Settings by going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. I am eager to get to the bottom of this!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
cherie_in_SC

Whoever you are replying to, it's not me. Your customer service is terrible! You have do many complaints that you can't even respond to the correct customer for their complaint.

Sincerely,

Cherie squire

The customer that has terrible cell service inside her house.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
momentum

I am experiencing the same problem. I don't see LTE anymore, just 3G and 1X. I can't make or receive phone calls or text messages either.

Can you help me?

0 Likes