Watch TNT app showing data usage but not installed on iphone
GreenvilleGuy

My daughter's iPhone 5 is on Verizon and running IOS 7.1.1. We have been going over our data allotment the past few months, so I installed Onavo Count app on her phone to track specific app usage. This app runs on each phone and reports data usage only on that phone. Today I saw that her phone used 1/2 gig of data the past 24 hours. I asked her to send me a print screen from the Onavo app, and it showed "Watch TNT" used 400 meg of data. Watch TNT is not installed on her phone, and she was only doing text messaging the past day. I even logged in to the app store under our Apple account, and Watch TNT does not show as ever having been downloaded under our account to any of our phones.

Does anyone have any idea how an app we don't use is showing up with data usage on our account? Does Verizon have an app that will track data usage by app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Watch TNT app showing data usage but not installed on iphone
krull_etc

GreenvilleGuy did you solve this?  my wife is having the same problem on her iPhone 5

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Since it has only been 1 hour since he posted his inquiry for a solution, I would think he is still working on it.

0 Likes
GreenvilleGuy

No solution to this yet on my end. It is possible that the Onavo app is reporting an incorrect app name for the data that got used. I'm going to try and find a different data monitoring app to see if Watch TNT ever shows up again. I'm a little disappointed that neither Verizon nor Apple provides a way to see detailed, by app, data usage. At least not that I can find.

0 Likes
GreenvilleGuy

Actually I have to correct my own statement. I did not realize with IOS 7 that you can now see 'by app' data usage in the settings screen. I will check my daughter's phone to see what it displays for Watch TNT...

0 Likes
krull_etc

on my wife's phone, the Watch TNT app does not show up in the "by app" usage list.  I'm going to try getting her to do a hard reset tonight to see if that eliminates the mysterious app

0 Likes