Way to go Verizon, you just sent someone a free iPhone
lmyers3

So today I got a text saying my billing address had been changed. Checked with my husband and neither of us changed anything. So I check MyVerizon  and it turns out someone used my phone number to purchase a new iPhone. I immediately called VZW and after being transferred several times I finally talk to someone who supposedly cancels the order and credits my bill. I kept checking My Verizon and it never said canceled. Not wanting this person to get a free iPhone I finally decide to go to the store and check to make sure everything was canceled. He said it was. Apparently canceled to me and canceled to VZW mean different things. The order shipped. So this person got a free phone when I tried my hardest to make sure it wouldn't happen.

Good job Verizon.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Way to go Verizon, you just sent someone a free iPhone
lmyers3

Let me also mention that it is ridiculous VZW let this person charge my bill and change my billing address with out proof of ID. But when I went to the store today to check on my account the guy asked for my ID. Seriously??

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest you change the password on your My Verizon account and also ensure there weren't any other changes made to the account.  I'd also suggest that you change your billing/purchasing password (or create one) to something other than the last four digits of your SSN.  I'd then call Verizon's Fraud Team at 888-483-7200 and report the incident.

lmyers3

I already did all of that today. But it makes me wonder, did this person know my billing password? Do they have my SSN too? Now I have to worry about identity theft!

0 Likes