Weird Lines showing up Occasionally when using Iphone 5 Keyboard...
Wescyde
Contributor - Level 1

So it happened to my wife a couple times and finally it happened to me.  When we have the keyboard up we get these fluctuating lines across the screen like a black, grayish with some red and they are kind of flickering a little just the lines not the screen.  It goes away when the keyboard closes, it has never happened while doing anything else or just on its own.  Also its only happened twice since we received the phones.  Just a weird occurrence and not sure if its an interference of some sort or an issue.  Anyone else have this happen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weird Lines showing up Occasionally when using Iphone 5 Keyboard...
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I have not had this issue so far but the next time it happens try documenting it by taking a picture of it (or doing a screen shot of it if you both aren't together when it happens so the unaffected iPhone can take the picture)...just in case you can't easily replicate the issue on demand. Then I would contact Apple (if you can go to an Apple store that would be even better) and let them check it out. It could be software issue or a hardware issue....but if they can see it then they may have some answers...and would know if you really need the devices replaced or if it's something an update will have to address.

Wescyde
Contributor - Level 1

great idea i just learned the screenshot technique yesterday (first Iphone) and did not think to do that, yah i have an apple store about 20 minutes away.  LIke i said everything else no problems, and this does not even affect using the keyboard its just like an annoyance.  THankfully it does not happen all the time

0 Likes
Jamesb93612

This too is happening to me and my partner's phone. It seems to only happen while in the App Store. I have seen this kind of issue using my Galaxy S3 with twitter. I am just chalking it up to being a software error and not a hardware error. We will see how it goes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Wescyde,

I'm really excited for your new iPhone 5 and I definitely want it to work correctly. Thank you for taking the time to create this post.

I checked my resources and I didn't see any documented posts regarding this issue.  We have some fantastic suggestions here from the community (thanks!) so please do keep us posted.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I finally had it happen to me once...while in the App store. Haven't been able to re-create it but it happened while searching for an app.

0 Likes