What color Otterbox does everyone want?
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Knowing Otterbox is basically only avail in black right now and I am getting the black i5 I'm looking at the bolt. For a black phone and one for a guy wanting one with some color I think there are not that many options (black, bolt, maybe blue, and the punk seems good for the young ones). High hopes I can find one in a walmart, vzw store or best buy tomorrow but likely will have to order.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What color Otterbox does everyone want?
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

i ordered punk

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Punk was my initial thought. Really like the green but I'm debating punk or bolt. I would like to see the actual of both but that may not happen before I order.

0 Likes
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

i figured if i hate it when i get it or i find one i like in a store before i get it then ill just return it

0 Likes
garrett2601
Enthusiast - Level 2

white gray commuter..... They aren't even available till the 28th....

0 Likes
crazylittlemonsters_c

Hello my friends! Check out >Link deleted. Links to other third party site is not permitted< for these awesome new cases! Otterbox is simply the best and we have deals! These become avail 9/28:)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Wescyde
Contributor - Level 1

went to a verizon store in my area yesterday just to get me and the wife a case to hold us over and low and behold they had a blue defender the only one in the store that had just come in mid day the day before.  Exactly the color i wanted and just got lucky.  My wife wants the Boom (Purple one).  The best part is i got to use my discount so the case was only $38

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I bought the black in my local Target because no one had anything else available and I wanted something now. It's my first Defender case because I generally don't like the bulk it always seemed to add, but the one for the 5 isn't as bad as past ones at all. I am waiting for the Reflex series to come out, but if I decide to stick with the Defender then I want the Bolt option. I just prefer the Reflex series though...it worked well for my 4s without the bulk. I didn't care for the commuter series in the 4s but if it's better for the 5 then I might go with that since they have a similar color scheme as the Bolt in the defender series. Then I can return this black one lol

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

I really like Bolt too but went ahead and ordered the black to get me by. I can't go another month without a case just in case something happens. I saw some video review online showing OtterBox Defenders with some color combos not even offered through their website. A couple comments asking where they got these from but no responses by the party who posted the reviews. Seemed legit but my only guess how they go these colors are they are either fake Otterboxes or since they reviewed so many they just took different cases and swapped out the hardshell and silicone cover to make their own unique color combos  that is only possible by purchasing multiple Defenders and mixing them up.

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

So, the black Otterbox came in yesterday. very impressed with the speed of delivery. I did normal delivery which I think was termed as 3-5 days processing and 5-10 days for delivery. I ordered online from VZW Sunday evening and it was delivered Wednesday via USPS. The package originated in PA and I live in VA.

If anyone would like some feedback/thoughts on the Otterbox for i5, here's my 2 cents worth. It's my 3rd Defender for iphone. First one was one of the originals for the 4s. The silicon cover was not very form and stretched easily. 2nd version for the 4s made great improved to the rubber cover and felt very good in hand. Only complain was the charging cover would not stay in place and would often"flop" around. The i5 otterbox is very impressive from first look and feels. From reviews, I was expecting it to be very bulky but I think since I've been using Defenders for 2+ years now I'm sure to it. It looks slightly thinner on thone phone over the 4s and obviously so since the phone itself is thinner. Placing both phones w/ cases side by side the difference is barely noticeable. The length of the i5 makes it seem much thinner than it actually is.

I must say the phone feels amazing in my hand more so than the 4s. Again, the extra length of the phone makes for a more comfortable and natural feeling. The rubber cover is very firm and does a great job staying in place. The covers over the charging connector, ring/silent button, and headphone jack stay flush and in place with ease. We will see how they hold up over the next several weeks. The only complain on the covers is that the ring/silent switch can be a bit odd to read once the cover is opened due to the depth it is behind the otterbox. Someone with skinny fingers would have not problem but for guys with fatty fingers it can take a couple seconds to do.

The opening over the camera/flash/sensor could be a bit smaller (and with a protective cover) but I understand why they made this so big. Previous otterbox cases and cases in general would be so close to the camera and flash it could create problems when taking photos/video. not having a clear plastic cover over the camera make perfect sense. We've got this amazing camera and covering it would create less than amazing pictures due what could be fingerprints , smudges, etc on the clear plastic.

Awesome case! Best out there!!

Now I can't wait for VZW to get the Bolt so I can order it through them and take advantage of my discount. I really like the color around the bezel  and how it will really look nice next to the apple logo on the black phone..

0 Likes