What data plan should I start with for IPhone 5s?
hoosier80

Finally going to upgrade my old device, but I'm not sure what data plan would be best.  My old phone has no data plan.  Not sure how much I'd actually use the phone other than for actual calls and texts, but I am a bit of an internet junkie when at home.  Can you upgrade the amounts if you see you are using more - such as the minutes?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: What data plan should I start with for IPhone 5s?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can increase/decrease your data package as needed (be sure to backdate to avoid pro-ration).

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Start with 2GB at a very minimum.

Carefully monitor for the two months.

Adjust as need if you start getting close to your limit.

0 Likes
erictheredviking

You'll find that the iPhone5s here eat up a lot more data that they do on other carriers like ATT or T-Mo. Also they use a lot more data than the iPhone4 did. If you used 500MB before on a 4, then you need 2GB to start with now. If you used around 1GB/month on an ATT or T-Mobile i5, then you'll probably need to double that here. 2GB as mentioned before is a good starting point if you're a very frugal data user and keep cellular data usage at a bare minimum. Keep a sharp eye on you data usage on a DAILY basis. Discussion threads like this one worry me enough that I'm seriously thinking of switching to an Android phone before my 14 days are up: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/792488?start=0&tstart=0

0 Likes