What delevary method used for shipment + what to do if unavailable?
frillybob
Enthusiast - Level 2

hello. How does verizon ship iPhone 5 systems? fedex usps? Also I know one has to sign to get the iPhone when it is delivered. Besides leaving a note on the door saying leave the "package" here what happens if I'm not there and no one else neighbors included can't sign for the package? I dont want to leave a note because the delivery guy could say he dropped off the package and really he just stole it. What other options do I have?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What delevary method used for shipment + what to do if unavailable?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

My phones have always been delivered via FedEx.  However VZW may be using alternate shipping (UPS).  I have not heard of iPhones being delivered via USPS, but I won't say it never could happen.

As far as if you are unavailable, one option is to wait until the first delivery attempt, then you can call the delivery company and ask them to 'hold' your package at the distribution center for pick-up.  It works for me as the center is only a short distance off my commute home from work so I just pick up the package the next day.  This gives me the piece of mind that my package won't be stolen after delivery or by the driver as you described.

Good luck

0 Likes
Re: What delevary method used for shipment what to do if unavailable?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frillybob,

The iPhone 5 is being shipped via FedEx and upon delivery a signature is required. If you are unavailable to receive the package FedEx will make 3 delivery attempts. After each delivery attempt FedEx will leave a note and give you the option to select a better time for them to make the delivery. If all else fails after the third delivery attempt your package will be returned to the FedEx location, where you will have the option of picking it up.

Thank you,

GeorgeP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes