Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What do you think of this?
tylerconley

I'm very anxious for the iPhone 5, and cannot wait the 3 weeks that it would take for me to have a line available for an upgrade. This being the case i devised a brilliant plan (lol) and want your opinion.

Here is the plan.

1.Create a new line and buy the iPhone 5 (subsidized) asap and put that on my line.

2.Wait until my line is available for an upgrade, then buy another iPhone 5 at the same subsidized price.

3.Sell the second unopened iPhone 5 on eBay for around $650-$700.

4.Use that $700 to pay the price of the second iPhone, and the rest of the contract on the new line.

I want to do it this way so I can keep my same number. Any ideas or criticisms? Please let me know! Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What do you think of this?
silver6056

Don't you have to activate subsidized phones within a certain time (30 days) or you get charged full price?  But you can probably activate without opening the box

0 Likes
tylerconley

I'm not sure. But would I just have to activate it and then switch it for another phone before i sell it?

0 Likes
silver6056

tylerconley wrote:

I'm not sure. But would I just have to activate it and then switch it for another phone before i sell it?

Yes, that works fine, and if you switch it for a basic phone you can drop the data package.  But need to check if this is needed at all, as it's only my memory about the need to activate..

0 Likes
benf207

I think this is a stupid plan. My update was on October 5th and a few days ago I called and got them to move it, and I preordered. Now it's coming on the 28th. Call Verizon and tell them you are a loyal customer and have them move your upgrade and just get the phone on October 5th.

0 Likes
tylerconley

I will definitely check, other than that what do you think of the plan? Will I have to end up spending a bunch of money, or do you think the price of the phone on eBay will cover it?

0 Likes
tylerconley

I tried this, called twice, and emailed, no movement.

0 Likes