What is the difference between green and blue text messages?
Exphone_Guy

When try's to send a text it has a "Green" bubble but when I send a text it has a "Blue" bubble. We have identical phone except mine is black.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My wife is having trouble using her iPhone 5S for Texting. She is not sure that her text is being sent.
h00t
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you send it as a regular SMS message it is Green, if you send an iMessage it is Blue.  Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Edit:  You can check the status in the iPhone settings> Messages > iMessage (On or Off)

View solution in original post

Re: My wife is having trouble using her iPhone 5S for Texting. She is not sure that her text is being sent.
h00t
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you send it as a regular SMS message it is Green, if you send an iMessage it is Blue.  Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Edit:  You can check the status in the iPhone settings> Messages > iMessage (On or Off)

Exphone_Guy

Make sure in your Message settings that the iMessage and the Send as SMS are "on".

0 Likes
Re: What is the difference between green and blue text messages?
JEAPAR0

I have been told that the "green" message indicates messages being sent to person who does not have an iphone.  "Blue" message indicates messages between 2 iphones.

0 Likes