When I send txt msgs from my phone the message shows on the recipients phone as if it came from my gmail account. What causes this? I'd like to correct this because when I receive their reply it sometimes shows up as an email.
Brocks

When I send txt msgs from my phone the message shows on the recipients phone as if it came from my gmail account. What causes this? I'd like to correct this because when I receive their reply it sometimes shows up as an email.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When I send txt msgs from my phone the message shows on the recipients phone as if it came from my gmail account. What causes this? I'd like to correct this because when I receive their reply it sometimes shows up as an email.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for calrifying, Brocks. That section means that when users with iPhones are sending and receiving messages with you, you're actually using iMessage http://bit.ly/1iRsnwX and not text. It's also registered to your Apple ID. Try turning iMessage off and then back to Settings>Messages and log out of your Apple ID at the top. Then log back in and give iMessage a few minutes to register again with your mobile number selected.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When I send txt msgs from my phone the message shows on the recipients phone as if it came from my gmail account. What causes this? I'd like to correct this because when I receive their reply it sometimes shows up as an email.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brocks  Receiving your text messages is definitely important. Go to settings,messages, receive and what option is selected?

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Brocks

I go into Messages there is a Send & Receive selection. My email address

is showing. I select Send & Receive and mu phone and email address is

there. A check mark is next to my email address. Is this the problem? I

was unable to remove my email address. I tried to remove my email address

but the response is "This email address could not be removed."

Thank you for your response. I will stand by for your next request or

instructions.

Steve

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for calrifying, Brocks. That section means that when users with iPhones are sending and receiving messages with you, you're actually using iMessage http://bit.ly/1iRsnwX and not text. It's also registered to your Apple ID. Try turning iMessage off and then back to Settings>Messages and log out of your Apple ID at the top. Then log back in and give iMessage a few minutes to register again with your mobile number selected.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes