Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
When am I eligible for an upgrade on my phone/mobile device?
cwkdbf

When am I eligible for an upgrade on my phone/mobile device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: When am I eligible for an upgrade on my phone/mobile device?
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

After you've completed 20 months of your two-year contract.  You can check the date via your on-line MyVerizon account or by dialing #UPG from your phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

After you've completed 20 months of your two-year contract.  You can check the date via your on-line MyVerizon account or by dialing #UPG from your phone.

0 Likes
TomCat03
Novice

It's really up to VZW if they want to extend you an offer before your 24 months contract is up. I know those who wanted to replace with the i5 were not able to do so prior to their 24 month date. Supply may be ample now and maybe that is an option.

0 Likes
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

Yes, early upgrades (i.e., you've completed less than 20 months of your two-year contract) are at Verizon's discretion.  However, Apple does not allow early upgrades.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

TomCat03 wrote:

It's really up to VZW if they want to extend you an offer before your 24 months contract is up. I know those who wanted to replace with the i5 were not able to do so prior to their 24 month date. Supply may be ample now and maybe that is an option.

They were most likely not able to do so prior to their 20 month date. Verizon allows ALL customers to upgrade to ANY phone at a discount when they hit the 20 month point of a 24 month contract, regardless of brand. Prior to 20 months, though, is up to Verizon(or manufacturer in case of Apple for instance).

If the people you know said they could not upgrade until the 24 month point of their contract, they are mixing up their (discounted)upgrade date with their contract end date, which are not the same thing.

0 Likes