When can I go in and get the iPhone 5?
markus_hudobnik

I mean at any store, Verizon, apple, radio shack, Walmart, target, etc.

Without any hassles?

For example, I want to walk in to a store when the store opens and get an iPhone 5 with no hassles and not long waiting times.

I'm mostly asking people who have experienced waiting for an iPhone in the past, but any suggestions would be nice.

My upgrade date is on the 28th. Is that too early to go that Friday morning, a week after the official launch?

Thanks 🙂

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When can I go in and get the iPhone 5?
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

You can go in starting the 21st when the store of your choice opens.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

You can go in starting the 21st when the store of your choice opens.

0 Likes
markus_hudobnik

Well i know that. I want to go in without lines before the store even opens

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

''Well i know that. I want to go in without lines before the store even opens'' - This makes no sense what so ever how do you go about getting into a store before it opens and no lines for the sixth generation iPhone...

0 Likes
markus_hudobnik

Haha I'm Sao sorry. I have no idea why I said it like that. My bad.

I meant I want to go on the 28th of this month to the Verizon spree (or any store) and walk in and get the iPhone 5 with no hassles (i.e. out of stock) and/or waiting times.

Is the 28th too early for that? Or would I be better off waiting until October 5th.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You're not serious, are you?  You really expect someone on this forum to know which Verizon store will have iPhone 5's in inventory and also know which store won't have any waiting line some one to two weeks in the future?

If someone here actually CAN do that, If you can email me the winning Power Ball lottery numbers for the week of Oct 8th, it would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

There is a possibility that this would be ok. When the iPhone 4 launched, people on these forums were complaining that their online orders were backlogged while others were reporting they just walked in off the street and picked up one at their local store. This would obviously be a hit and miss proposition and you may or may not go to a store which had one available.

To be more certain of in store availability, you would most likely have to wat longer than a week after launch.

0 Likes
markus_hudobnik

Are YOU serious? I'm asking a question to people who have experienced this with other iphone launches in the past. YOU did not help whatsoever.

0 Likes
markus_hudobnik

Okay thanks for a helpful answer. 🙂

I guess my best bet just to just go in on the 28th and just keep trying everyday after that

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I'm sorry if I missed this being mentioned, but honestly, it really depends on demand in your area. With the iPhone 4, I was able to take my mother in to one of our local stores and get it with no problem, but other areas people had to be put on a waiting list due to the stores being out of stock. Like you said, you will have to just try on the day that you are eligible and if you aren't able to get one then you will need to keep checking back. Or ask if you can be contacted when they come in stock. Also try other retailers in your area to see if you have any luck (Best Buy, Apple, Wal-Mart, and Target are 4 other local retailers in my area that sell iPhones and were also taking the pre-orders for the iPhone 5). Good luck!

0 Likes