When upgrading from iphone 4 to 5s will we lose our old voicemail messages?
MishaMichele
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband's iPhone 4 has a lot of work related messages he doesn't want to lose. We're wondering if they'll magically appear on the new iPhone 5s after we sync the phone, or is there something special he can do to save them?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When upgrading from iphone 4 to 5s will we lose our old voicemail messages?
MishaMichele
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, went to the Verizon store yesterday and learned there was a free way to do this. I had to turn on iCloud, back up my iPhone 4 to my computer (iMac) via the cloud and my WiFi. Then did a restore to the brand new iPhone 5s via the cloud. Voila! There are all my old voice mails, and no fee to do it (just a lot of time...took maybe 3 hours to back up the old phone).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MishaMichele
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found the answer to my own question here: http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/how_to_use/iphone_vvm.html

Basically the answer is "yes" but we need to sign up for Visual Voicemail at $2.99 a month. This only seems to work if you're already a Verizon iPhone customer upgrading to another iPhone (which applies in my case).

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well that's great, Now you can mark your Question as an Answered Question and Welcome to the Forum's Misha  b33

0 Likes
MishaMichele
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, went to the Verizon store yesterday and learned there was a free way to do this. I had to turn on iCloud, back up my iPhone 4 to my computer (iMac) via the cloud and my WiFi. Then did a restore to the brand new iPhone 5s via the cloud. Voila! There are all my old voice mails, and no fee to do it (just a lot of time...took maybe 3 hours to back up the old phone).

0 Likes