When will new service billing begin with 9/28 shipping pre-order?
klypse

Today, I upgraded an extra line that had no data plan on it. An old LG Voyager is attached to it.

When pre-ordering the iPhone 5 today, I was told that I should receive my iPhone 5 by 9/28.

What I want to know is... since the phone is released on 9/21, will the extra line start getting charged for the data plan even though the phone is not yet in my possession?

I am switching the iPhone 5 to my current line to keep my unlimited data and I want to be sure that I will not be charged for 2 data plans for updating an extra line that is not in use. My plan was to take the phone into verizon and put the Voyager line back down to its basic plan, but I'm concerned that since I won't have the phone yet on release, I will be billed for the 7 days that I do not have the phone.

Perhaps this is an obvious answer. My reasoning tells me that my plan will not change until I receive the phone, but I just want to be absolutely certain.

Can anyone confirm this for me? Or perhaps share their experiences from pre-ordering the iPhone 4S?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When will new service billing begin with 9/28 shipping pre-order?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Your plan will not change until you activate the device that has data attached to it. You can verify if this is correct by contacting VZW directly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Your plan will not change until you activate the device that has data attached to it. You can verify if this is correct by contacting VZW directly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Klypse,

Thanks for the great question and thanks kaebfly for the correct answer. You will not start getting charged for a data plan until you actually activate the device that the data is attached to.

Thanks,

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes