Who here has a 2 GB Iphone 5? I have a question about data usage
Dan50

Is anyone's data showing up as excessive when in fact they have not used much of it at all? My friend saw this over on Yahoo Answers and is worried. The person on Yahoo said in 6 days ON Wifi their phone said they used 2 gigs or over of data. Has anyone else had this problem? Shes worried if this would happen with her?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Who here has a 2 GB Iphone 5? I have a question about data usage
homeistexas
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got my iphone 5 on the 24th with the 2 gig and i show only using .006 Gig. I keep my wireless hooked up when home and if im anywhere else i hook up wireless if available.

0 Likes
Dan50

I heard that Verizon is limiting people to about 2 GB of data but right now my friend has her Iphone 4 at unlimited data. Is there a way to grandfather it into her Iphone 5 plan without paying the stupidly high full retail price for unlimited. If she can only afford the 2 GB limit will Iphone 5 still be worth transferring from Iphone 4 if shes into recording video and serie? Shes willing to give up video streaming and music streaming on 3/4G shes ONLY going to do that on Wifi. But she uses Facebook, Twitter, Kick Messenger, Instagram and texting. And at times she wants to go onto Safari under 4G mode. If you were her would you still get it? Shes very nervous about going over 2 gigs. She already ordered it and shes not sure if she should cancel it or not.

0 Likes
Mansam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I do & I brought this up a week ago when I noticed the same thing. I have no push notifications, & most everything else turned off. What I have been doing the last 2 nights (alot  of the "phantom " data usage seems to come between midnight ~ 7am) is going into settings then Cellular then turning OFF Cellular Data so that it HAS to go thru wifi. I've noticed since then I have not had any data usage while I & my phone have been sleeping. I never had this issue with my iphone 4 (with att) but until we all can figure this out, that's what I'm going to continue to do so that I'm not paying for "Ghost Usage."   One strange thing that happened last night though ~ I got a text at 11:30 from Biz & when I replied, it wouldn't completely send thru wifi ~ I had to open settings up & open the Cellular Data setting.

Dan50

Can you go to settings, general, about, diagnosis and usage. and select don't send. Would that stop using data?

0 Likes
homeistexas
Enthusiast - Level 3

On my iphone 5 I go into settings then general, then cellular and turn off cellular data. that stops data use. i use wireless connections unless im out and need the data connection to look at the web or send a picture in a text. with cellular data off voice and text still work fine.

0 Likes
Mansam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've noticed late at night that's when I get more of the data being used on my phone (while I'm asleep). What's working for me is going into Settings, General, then under Cellular, turn the Cellular Data OFF. I've noticed on my Usage Chart, NO Data is being consumed. It works for me until Verizon can figure out why it keeps using data when we don;t call for it;

0 Likes
Mansam
Enthusiast - Level 3

homeistexas, you beat me by a minute!

0 Likes
Dan50

Did you get your issue fixed?

0 Likes
Dan50

If you were her, would you buy the iPhone 5 after apple fixes this issue? She don't know what she should do. Should she cancel her order? Because she don't know if this will take a long time to fix or not. Shes very worried and shes worried and doesn't want any confusion.

0 Likes