Why am I getting my daughters incoming calls and she is getting my incoming calls?
deniserepper

Both mine and my daughter's incoming calls are ringing on both of our phones at the same time.  We have checked settings and we cannot figure out why this is happening.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I getting my daughters incoming calls and she is getting my incoming calls?
Tidbits
Legend

Are you guys using the same Apple ID?

Re: Why am I getting my daughters incoming calls and she is getting my incoming calls?
deniserepper

I'm not sure that we have ever been asked for the apple ID

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

When you guys buy applications or download applications you use your Apple ID.  If you guys use the same and both have iMessages configured that is why you both are getting each other phone calls.

0 Likes
deniserepper

Thank you so much.  I am going to check into it. 

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

You can share the same iTunes ID. But iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime have to be different.

Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

You might also check out Family Sharing.

https://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/family-sharing/

0 Likes