Why are all of my numbers in voice mail showing as international numbers?
gmarose

Please tell me how I can change the format of the telephone numbers on my visual VM.  The numbers are reading like international numbers (with a + at the beginning) rather than the format of the US phone numbers.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am setting up a new 5c - but all the phone numbers in VM are written in the international format.  How can I change them to read like a US phone number.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's change that format pronto gmarose! Try disabling dial assist and keep us posted. To disable: Settings>Phone>Dial Assist.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am setting up a new 5c - but all the phone numbers in VM are written in the international format.  How can I change them to read like a US phone number.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's change that format pronto gmarose! Try disabling dial assist and keep us posted. To disable: Settings>Phone>Dial Assist.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I am setting up a new 5c - but all the phone numbers in VM are written in the international format. How can I change them to read like a US phone number.
gmarose

Hi AntonionC:

Thanks so much for trying to help me on this problem. I have done what you suggested - don't know why I hadn't seen that before. I had been looking through the settings for every possibility.

I am not yet sure if it did the trick because I haven't had anyone call and leave a message. I tried calling myself from the home land line; but because my home number is in my contacts it just listed "Home" as the caller and didn't write out the number. So I must get some friend to call me and leave a message. But I think it may have worked because now it lists the caller - "Home" - whereas on the 4 other numbers that were transferred from my old phone it only listed the numbers in Int'l format.

I really do appreciate your taking time to respond to my question. As soon as I find out if it's the ultimate cure, I will let you know.

Gmarose

Rosalie Arnold

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmarose,

We are glad to hear that you tried our suggestion. We hope this resolves your issue. Please keep us posted on your progress.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes