Why are my iPhones getting different signals?
twosour

I have 2 iPhone 5s's one gets a constant 4 bars, ( 5 bars when on a call)the second one get 2 bars ( when on standby) and when I make or receive

a call it goes to 5 bars is this normal? or is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks for some help P.S. all lights solid blue.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Different signals on 2 phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello twosour,

anonymuss gave an awesome explanation! Thanks anaymouss! While the signal may vary from device to device, we want to ensure that you are able to use all of your subscribed services on your phones. There are many variables to consider when measuring and comparing signals. Some of which are cases on the phone, software versions, and damages/scratches to the antenna. While I'm confident that you take great care of your devices, the unit or measure can vary, even if they are the same model phone.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi twosour - Let's make sure both phones are getting the reliable service that you deserve! The display of bars is helpful but it is not the exact representation of the signal strength. Are both phones able to make and retain calls with good audio?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
twosour

Yes both phone are side by side. I think I might have found the problem. If I turn off the enable LTE this does it. now the both get 5 bars all the time.

0 Likes
Not applicable

twosour wrote:

Yes both phone are side by side. I think I might have found the problem. If I turn off the enable LTE this does it. now the both get 5 bars all the time.

LTE is just for data. Calls are over 1x Also if you turn off LTE then you'd be getting 3G data and that signal may be stronger.

0 Likes
twosour

Update! If I leave 1 LTE on and turn 1 off. get a strong signal on both  phones.but when I turn on LTE on 1phone

only I get a strong signal on both phones. If I turn both LTE's off  Both phones get a strong signal.What is you suggestion

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello twosour,

anonymuss gave an awesome explanation! Thanks anaymouss! While the signal may vary from device to device, we want to ensure that you are able to use all of your subscribed services on your phones. There are many variables to consider when measuring and comparing signals. Some of which are cases on the phone, software versions, and damages/scratches to the antenna. While I'm confident that you take great care of your devices, the unit or measure can vary, even if they are the same model phone.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes