Why are we using so much data?
DBC121750

My god-daughter has an iphone 5 on my account.It uses 10-20 times as much data as my Motorola razr.  The big data downloads (between 100-and 200 MB) appear to be happening when she is asleep or in class not using the phone.  What's going on?".

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data usage off the chain
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does he leave the cellular data connection turned on while using wifi? Thanks to the wifi sleep policy in the iOS, every time the phone goes into standby mode, the wifi radio turns off and the cellular data connection becomes active. You can't change the wifi sleep policy. You can only work around it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
really24

My son has had a HUGE data problem with the Iphone5 since he purchased it......over a year now.  No resolution, no help, just told that he must be using it..... NOT.  Most of the time he is connected to wifi and should not use data.....big problem and no solution.  May have something to do with the sim card "robbing" data!!!!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does he leave the cellular data connection turned on while using wifi? Thanks to the wifi sleep policy in the iOS, every time the phone goes into standby mode, the wifi radio turns off and the cellular data connection becomes active. You can't change the wifi sleep policy. You can only work around it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes