Why can I not get phone signal in France
Eefalk

I am not able to signal in France Help???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can I not get phone signal in France
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh non, Eefalk! We want you to be able to enjoy your trip in France and stay in contact with your friends and family. Since the service in France is not actually provided by Verizon Wireless, the signal availability will depend on the available providers for the area. The best place to start on your phone would be from the home screen, select Settings. Then General and Cellular. Drag the Cellular Data right to enable cellular data. Then select Roaming and ensure the Voice Roaming switch is in the On position.

If you're still having trouble, there's a toll-free number at http://vz.to/YTcoyj to reach our fantastic Global Support Team from an alternate number while you're traveling.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Eefalk

Jennifer,

Thanks for the reply, I had tried all that to no avail. I have borrowed a phone from a French friend and bought a SIM card so I am now ok in France.

From all the non Verizon answers I got to my posted problem, I seriously doubt there is anywhere in France except along the border with Germany or Belgium that the Verizon phone and the international package will actually work.

I wonder why you sold it to me.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Eric

Sent from my iPad

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

My Verizon phone worked flawlessly in France. The problem isn't the phone; it's that you didn't take care of the details before your trip, such as calling customer service to enable international dialing and activate your SIM.

Eefalk

Not true, I called Verizon and set the times I would be in Europe and paid the extra. The phone has worked flawlessly in Sweden, Denmark, Germany and Belgium. As soon as we got to France, I started getting no service messages. If it won't get service in Paris, where will it?

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Fair enough. My apologies for assuming you didn't take care of these details. I'm glad to hear you have a working phone, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

0 Likes
debuskjt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just get a French nano-SIM instead (or have you friend's SIM cut to size). Should work fine in your phone.

0 Likes