Why can I only hear sound through my headphones?
Giraffespotter

The only way I can hear music on my phone is with earphones. It does not work standalone, bluetooth, or connected to a speaker system.'  I have installed the updated OS. can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The only way I can hear music on my phone is with earphones. It does not work standalone, bluetooth, or connected to a speaker system.
Not applicable

What I have found is that Siri is muting the sounds. If you long press the home key and Siri activates you can click it off and your sound should return.

This worked for me.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: The only way I can hear music on my phone is with earphones.  It does not work standalone, bluetooth, or connected to a speaker system.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Giraffespotter,

Let's bring back some audio to your phone! Are you able to hear the phone ring when receiving a call or other notifications? Have you dropped the phone or does it have any other signs of damage? When did the audio issue start? 

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: The only way I can hear music on my phone is with earphones. It does not work standalone, bluetooth, or connected to a speaker system.
Not applicable

What I have found is that Siri is muting the sounds. If you long press the home key and Siri activates you can click it off and your sound should return.

This worked for me.

Good Luck

0 Likes