Why can't I access my device?
sairam

i am buyed used verzion iphone5 its working fine and after reset of phone it is asking old user mail id but owner is not available at my location please help me I tried contact apple but it asking bill of phone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i am buyed used verzion iphone5 its working fine and after reset of phone it is asking old user mail id but owner is not available at my location please help me
mama23dogs
Legend

IF you bought on eBay, contact the seller And ask for iCloud removal.

IF the seller can't do it, then file a complaint for a refund with eBay.

EBay requires sellers to be honest or they take the money back.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: i am buyed used verzion iphone5 its working fine and after reset of phone it is asking old user mail id but owner is not available at my location please help me
mama23dogs
Legend

That is the iCloud lock from the previous owner and has NOTHING to do with Verizon.

You will not be able to activate this phone with your Apple ID.

There is nothing aanyone can do.  Only to original owner can unlock the phone.

0 Likes
sairam

sir how to get bill my phone and how to contact owner.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

There is no way to contact the owner or know who it is.

Not by Apple

Not by Verizon

Return the phone if you can.  It can't be used.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What Apple is looking for is the proof of purchase for the phone. The original owner likely didn't disable "Find my iPhone" and now the activation lock is stuck on. Apple will only remove the lock if a Proof of Purchase can be presented to them. If the phone was purchased online, see if the site it was purchased from has a way to reach the owner, or can provide a proof of sale.

If the original owner cannot be contacted, unfortunately this makes the situation difficult. Apple will not remove the activation lock.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sairam,

Oh goodness, it seems like you are in a sticky situation here. Let’s make sure we work on this together. You say it is asking for a “mail ID”, are you referring to the Apple ID? Did you do a full reset to the phone as in fully erasing the phone of all content?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

ALicia,

THe OP's post is a bit difficult to understand, but he does write he reset the phone and it is now asking for the email password for the previous owner.  That is the iCloud activation lock.  Only the original owner can remove it.  Apple will not fix it and Verizon can't.

His only option is to contact the seller who can either remotely remove from his icloud account or refund his money.

sairam

I am done all the reset process but it again asking mail id. I want phone bill or my owner mail id

0 Likes
sairam

can I get mail id of my owner

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

THe iCloud lock can not be removed

the phone was most like stolen by the seller

you will not be able to use it

0 Likes